Saturday, May 29, 2010

Can You Get the Phone?

No, I haven't heard from Jay since Wednesday evening. He and Bruce are/were headed towards the Rocky Mountains, and although I'm not at all certain of the route, Jay was pretty certain cell coverage would be spotty or non-existent.

In the meantime, I got a call from the TRAC gallery in Spruce Pine asking me to bring another piece for the Studio Tour Exhibit. It seems that someone came in yesterday and bought several pieces out of the exhibit. I don't even have a proper photograph of the basket that sold. I am going to buy the right bulbs today, so I can put to use all of the tips I learned in my photo class a couple of weeks ago.

I've got 9 new baskets drying, so I grabbed the little one above to replace the sold piece. They had also sold out of my heart bowls, and I'm nearly out of those at home too. I have 30 or 40 going into this next kiln load, but it's a cone 6 and they really like the cone 10 glazes. That's another learning curve: finding the right pace to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment