Here is some of what I've been working on. I'm using cone 6 clays: Desert Buff and Little Loafer's. I've said before that my garden pots are Riverside Grit, and I could fire multiples in the gas kiln rather than just one per electric firing. So I'm gong to attempt a full cone 6 reduction firing next weekend. I got the link to John Britt's CM article on cone 6 reduction and am intrigued at the idea. I like the idea of saving fuel, time and wear-and-tear on the kiln. I really like my cone 6 glazes and could be very happy firing most of my work to that temperature. I can always throw in a couple of cone 10 firings a year for my beloved shinos. Jay thinks I should stick with one temperature and master it before moving on to something else. I told him I was an accomplished multitasker.
A wareboard of heart bowls drying on the Lockerbie.
Wine bottle coasters and baskets.
I'm excited about the baskets. I've started pulling the handles instead of using cut cylinders. It gives me more options and opens up the creative possibilities. I'm also excited since we have a compressor now and I can spray glaze on these. Harbor Freight has a spray gun on sale, but I'm not sure it will work for glazes. One more research project.
On a happy note, I found my cone 6 glaze notebook which had been misplaced during last year's move. I was much relieved and slept well last night.