Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finishing up the Cone 6 wet work

I'm trying to finish up my dwindling supply of Desert Buff and Little Loafers. I have too many clay bodies around, and since I'm going to start firing cone 6 in reduction, I want to re-examine which clay will be best. Here are some baskets waiting for the handles to dry.

The handles are drying across the arms of the thinking chair.


These are some casseroles. I've made some smaller ones in the past which have not been great sellers. I made these heavier and larger. They are all unique but similar in size. If I had to guess, I'd say they'll hold 5-6 cups. I really like to bake in them.


A close up of the one on the left.

I bought some bamboo to enhance the chi in the studio. Five stalks for wealth. The sponge on a stick is not part of the arrangement. Just one of those tools that I had to have and never ever use. I'll bet you have one somewhere in your toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment