Friday, August 13, 2010

What Do You Do When the Show is Over?

Ikebana with Madonna Lily

The kids went back to school this week, and I'm trying to figure out how to manage my time. I have gotten a few photos taken, a couple of items on Etsy, and the gallery reset. I've done the obligatory run to the store for school supplies, and the unplanned visit to the eye doctor to have Ben's eyes checked. It turns out that the boy is far-sighted and needs glasses. Who knew? I also got all domestic and canned some pear preserves and salsa verde.


After examining that second kilnload, I had a couple of casualties, including a nice shino basket where the handle was too thin and it slumped and cracked. The big shino basket looks good though.


Next week, I'm going to *gasp* take a break from cutting and throw some bowls. A fellow potter, Nelle Fastman Pingree has some cone 10 work she needs fired. I have two baskets that didn't make it into the last firing, and I like to have a stash of bowls for John Hartom and his Empty Bowls project. It's a tough call since another friend of mine just gave me a bag of new foam pieces. It's just thrilling!
Tonight I am headed to Lynda Banner's new studio for a get-together and tomorrow I'll be working at the Toe River Craft Shop.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been busy, puts me to shame. Sorry about that crack, that shino came out so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari, thanks for the shout out. Just let me know a few days ahead about the firing. I'll be glazing starting Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you write! We should get together sometime, I think we could get into some trouble! I got one more week then back to school here too, yay!

    ReplyDelete