Tuesday, July 10, 2012

No More Moving Target

In my next life, I think I will make paper. Or beaded jewelry. That way, I won't need months of chiropractic adjustments to ease the back pain from moving my studio equipment, not once, not twice, but three times in less than 12 months.



No one wants to hear the sordid details. The issue has been resolved and this artist is back in the saddle for real this time. My new space is at the same place where I moved the Bailey last year. It's divine to have everything all at one location.

David built a shelving system like the one I had before.

I am sharing the space with my fiance, luthier David A Wiseman. Building mountain dulcimers creates a lot of sawdust. I'm considering a raku kiln in the future.
David's side of the studio. The Bailey is straight out the door behind him.
Lots more is going on in my life, but having a place to call home for my art has given me some peace after a very tumultuous year.

8 comments:

  1. hmmm, I was a potter who married a dulcimer maker back in 1979.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have you back blogging!! Happy you are finally settled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the phrase "a rolling stone gathers no moss" comes to mind :)
    quite a year you've had apparently !! NIce to see you back on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be kind to yourself and your back, glad to hear you've got your studio again. If I feel my back get stiff I lie on my stomach for about ten minutes and then arch my back up from my elbows (if that makes any sense), it really seems to help me. A raku potter around here says he really likes hardwood sawdust or shavings for his raku.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, time to settle in and just work. The routine will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you blogging again too! Hope this new space is the place you are able to settle. You have had a busy crazy time lately. (I share my clay space with sawdust too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you're at it! peace, yes peace at the wheel. I agree.

    ReplyDelete